WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Photostory

As they say in the advert "Let's make Show and Tell more exciting".
Photo story enables the user to create slide shows using your digital photos. With a single click, you can touch-up, crop, or rotate pictures. Add stunning special effects, soundtracks, and your own voice narration to your photo stories. Then, personalize them with titles and captions. Small file sizes make it easy to send your photo stories in an e-mail. Watch them on your TV, a computer, or a Windows Mobile–based portable device.
Nice tool to use, straight forward, simple to use and has many effects that can be added to enhance the story. This tool could be used to create a class or whole school video for example photos taken during sports day or under eights day could be put on story board and then shown to the school. Another could be a class project where the students take pictures of the stages of litter that increase as the school day passes. This could be shown to whole school with the intent on littering less "Saving the Environment".
Digital cameras are another useful and pretty inexpensive tool for classrooms to have. Teachers would have to scaffold lessons on care, use and uploads but once this has occurred students should be able to work independently within group setting to achieve the goals set.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bernice
    I have used photostory twice now in 2 different classes. The first time I used my garnishing video for the year 12 Hospitality students and they loved it - it really got their attention and got them talking. They liked the fact that it had some modern music set into it as well.
    The second time I used it was only yesterday for a grade 8/9 Food Studies class. I had taken photos last week of them cooking and made it into a photostory - they were stoked to see themselves on the screen and gave them a chance to not only reflect on their own cooking, but check out everybody elses. Prac cooking days are so busy that students don't usually get the opportunity to see what their peers have created.
    So, for the 2 times that I have used it, Photostory has definately been a success. What I love most about it is the ease of which you can create such a professinal looking presentation. A couple of clicks and you're away.......
    Tonita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonita from your previous photostory which was wonderful I can see why you would continue to use this tool.
    A moment in time captured.Each students individual techniques and end designs on display.Students would have the ability to comment on each others end products and be proud of their own.
    As you say it only takes seconds and why not use it as a learning tool to show the students the step by step processes you would use within your Home Economic class.
    Keep up this beautiful creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photostory, Bernice. I imagined students playing it in the background while they role-played a camping trip. The combination of images and music would work really effectively as a multimodal text to set the atmosphere for a role play presentation to the class.

    I haven't been able to download this software, due to data restrictions on my internet, however I have used Windows Movie Maker to create a video with images and title screens. I beleive movie maker would also be a great reflection tool as students could upload images of the process and final product as well as video footage of the process. In addition to documenting the learning journey for parents, students could create their own photostory/video to submit as an assessment task which would accurately demonstrate the process of their learning.

    ReplyDelete