WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

GOOGLE EARTH






This resource is a real winner. It allows students to see the here and now and feel connected to the world in which they live. This resource enables students to look at space and locations around the world.
In a recent assignment I used this tool to discuss all the changes in our local area.
I retrieved some old images of certain location around the Gladstone area and then asked the students to locate on google earth the pictures of that specific location at present. We then discussed all the changes that we could see and discussed why they would have been made and what differences they made to the community.
I would use this tool again, there are so many KLA's that this would be a great learning tool for e.g SOSE, English, Science.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that this is an excellent resource for a range of subjects. Having access to such clear and recent images of locations, all around the world, is an incredible resource with so much potential for teaching and learning, particularly in the area of SOSE.

    I really like your idea of using Google Earth to compare images of Gladstone now and in the past. Your example effectively demonstrates how this tool can be used to enhance learning by providing students with clear, accurate images of their city, thus allowing them to connect this knowledge to their prior experiences and the world outside the classroom.

    On my blog I have described two other noteworthy features of Google Earth and how they could be used to enhance learning. It really is an incredible resource that has a lot of educational potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyle, I will check out your blog and plac a comment there.

    ReplyDelete