WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Windows Movie Maker

This is about the easiest tool to use that I have found.I made this movie with my son for one of his school assignments. We just go the digital recorder and then uploaded onto the computer and voila a movie about him. Scaffolding during lesson would be required for students of all ages. Teachers could assist the younger year levels and discussions about care of the camera would be required. For arts lessons students could use this tool to record the differing stages in their design and creation processes. This could then be used as a culminative assessment piece for both individuals and groups. Depending on the year level both the recorder and the movie could assist students to investigate the world in which they live "connectedness". Working in teams, designating jobs etc are all part of problem solving and assist in developing cooperation and independence in students.

3 comments:

  1. I have considered whether I would use this tool in an early primary classroom and decided that it might be too difficult. I agree that upper primary students could use this software, provided they have been scaffolded, however I'm not too sure about using it with younger children.

    I would prefer to use digital photography with students in an early childhood classroom. As Stacey and I discussed, filming and photography both require similar attention to design elements such as framing and lighting. Therefore, students could use digital cameras to refine these skills which would support their use of film equipment in upper primary.

    I'd love to hear what you think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle I do not agree with you Kyle about it being too difficult. Children are very quick learners so if the use of the camera has been properly scaffolded there should be limited problems.I feel that unless you as a teacher are looking for elements of lighting and framing you should allow students to try new things. Only with practise comes perfection and it would be quite fascinating to see life through a childs viewpoint again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    I too have found the amazing wonders of Movie Maker. I really like your idea for its use in a art lesson as a tool for learners to document their works. I never thought of using it for that. I thought Movie Maker would be great for history students to use to create historical documentaries. They only issue I have with Movie Maker would be the amount of time it would take to teach learners how to use the program, but i suppose this could be overcome with the schools extra technical support teams.

    ReplyDelete