WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ipod Technology in the classroom



My daughter is involved in a Year 2 trial of Ipod touch technology in her classroom.
Here is her own Voki to tell you why it is so good. (coming soon, she is playing with her friends - Lata)




At the beginning of the trial I was a bit sceptical about the educational value (if any), that would assist my daughter with her learning.
Well I was very much mistaken.
Speaking with my daughters school principal, I discovered why he had introduced this new technology to the school. He informed me that he attended an educational workshop in Victoria. After listening to Jenny and many others talk about the many benefits of Ipod touch technology, he felt that it would be unprofessional of him not to have similar opportunities for the students here in Gladstone. He also feels that the use of Ipods are very cost effective, less bulky for students to manipulate and really cannot believe how nimbly the students manipulate the text and numbers on the screen.
My daughters teacher uses the 6 Ipods in her class across all KLA's. These are used best during rotational activities where one on one time and peer assistance can be given to all students.

I can't wait to try some of these Apps on my Ipod touch and start getting ready for the classroom learning of the future.

MUST VIEW THIS SITE - LOTS OF INFORMATION
http://web.me.com/jenashby/iPodTouch_Project/iPodTouch_Project.html


Follow this link to find many free Ipodtouch free educational applications.
http://www.appstoreapps.com/top-50-free-education-apps/

2 comments:

  1. I have had a look at this website and the app store on itunes. Provided you have the technology (ipod touch, iphone, ipad), in your classroom, these tools could be used to porvide learners with access to a large range of information. I was particularly interested by the weather and temperature apps as well as the sound level meters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyle for taking the time to check out my blog.I have not looked at those Apps yet but will do so in the near future. Heather loves using the ipod and we have them at home to use for educational and non educational apps.
    Learning for the future.

    ReplyDelete