WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Monday, July 26, 2010

wordles

http://www.wordle.net/

I love this tool. Very simple to use, easy instructions, beautiful designs, lots of fun. I would use this tool from Prep upwards, create a class name wordle, Birthday months etc. Students could work in small groups, paired, individually to create a design their own wordle. Printing off could be done immediately so that the students could see their work and also take home to show their parents.


I would use this tool to help design some classroom word and number games. Similar to Pictureka, I would design a Wordareka or Numbereka with card and small wordle boards. These boards could be laminated and more designed throughout the year as learning experiences have been achieved.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea of using wordle to design a 'Wordareka' or 'Numbereka'. That would be a fun way for students to practise word and number recognition skills.

    I would also use wordle to help students learn about displaying data. Students could use results, from their own surveys, to create graphs and a wordle display.

    They're also really nice to look at :)

    ReplyDelete