WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Blog or not to Blog?

What exactly does it mean to Blog?
It is really just like a journal that may or may not be on one topic and may or may not be about the same subject. It is viewed by others from the latest entry to the first sort of a backwards book- finding out the ending before you really know how it began.

More information can be found on this link ...
http://www.problogger.net/archives/2005/02/05/what-is-a-blog/

Some students today spoke to me about using me as an example of how difficult it would be to create and design individual blogs in a primary classroom setting. I also could see that I, not being the most techno savvy was similar to a child who had no real concept of computers. Knew the basics but that was it.
I believe that a whole class blog could be designed for a primary school class, and students could be given time within the week to add their pictures (scanned), songs, short video clips etc onto the blog.

Blogs within the primary school curriculum, assist in developing future thinking students. It covers the Essential Learnings in ICT's within many transdiciplinary learning areas. Blogs enable students to view others ideas, reflect on their own, stay connected with family members (with a class blog), thus adding to each students self worth and sense of achievement.
Time and scaffolding in the first instance must be given in the creation of a class blog, along with lots of communication about the importance of safety whilst working online.Parental permission would be required to ensure the safety of students if photos were to be included within the class blog.
Lots to think about for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment