WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WHAT THE????


My journey so far has been filled with pressure (only one hour into the course and I can feel the heat). I will need to go home and ask my seven and thirteen year old for some assistance.
I must stay positive believe in myself.
Just like the little engine that could, I too must
"think I can, think I can", until I get to the other side.

3 comments:

  1. Very amusing... I think many people can relate to the frustration inherent to dealing with computers – they don’t work, they don’t do what we want them to do…and the stress increases. Your persistance is inspirering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. Technology can be a wonderful tool for accessing information and communicating with other people, however, it is almost like learning another language.

    One of the ethical dilemas I am facing as I engage with this course is: how much is too much? If we teach children how to use these new technologies, what are they losing as a result of this? Will they learn to rely too heavily on technology at the expense of other vital skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I agree with what you have all said. I too have had my own frustration when setting up my blog. I find that while technology can be your best friend, it can also be your enemy.

    As Nancy Kassebaum says, there can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if the teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails. This quote really resonates with me and I think its our job as learning managers to ensure that we keep up to date with technology, however hard that may be.

    Kyle brings up an interesting point and one that I struggle with also with regards to how much of these new technologies do we share and teach children. I think that as we gain experience as learning managers, we will be able to formuate our own opinion on this dilema, however, personally I don't think that there is a definate answer to this one. It will be interesting to see what others think about this.

    ReplyDelete