WELCOME

To all followers, I hope you will find something that will be of interest in the following pages of research.
I am still getting my head around ......
BLOGS, INTERACTIVE, SAFETY, WEBSITES, ICT'S, HTML, URL, DOWNLOADS, DATABASE, INTRANNET, HOME PAGE, HTTP, WWW, TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHICS, WEBQUEST, E-MAIL, YOUTUBE,CONCEPT MAPS, JPEG, LINK , and asking myself lots of questions about the importance placed on ICT's in schools today

About Me

My photo
I am not a kitten but a mature aged feline. I have at home a Tom cat who I love dearly and two wonderful little kittens who made me this beautiful little hat. Originally from overseas, hence the full head of hair, I have settled here in Australia (17years) and love everything about the lifestyle and people.

Friday, July 23, 2010

WHICH LEARNING FRAMEWORK?

I have read all the readings etc for selecting a framework to analyze the digital tools within my Blog.
I am a little worried as I quite like the The Big Six, Dimensions of Learning and also the Learning Engagement Theory.
What to choose???
I can see that all of these learning frameworks are similar in many aspects, but I realise that using the familiar DOL would be simpler for me but would it then be challenging?
AFTER MUCH RESEARCH I HAVE SELECTED THE BIG6, AS I FEEL THAT THIS IS A TOOL THAT ALONG WITH MANY ASPECTS OF DOL / PRODUCTIVE PEDAGOGIES ETC WOULD BE A BENEFICIAL TOOL TO HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF, FOR FUTURE USE WITHIN THE CLASSROOM.  http://www.big6.com/

 As I am a Kinesthetic learner, the opportunity to use the BIG6 to analyse the digital tools, would assist me in becoming more proficient in the positive and negative aspects of this framework. Gathering this information would for me be an effective step in developing my own classroom pedagogies.
The process steps

4 comments:

  1. I too have decided on the Big6 framework as I can definately see that I would be able to put this into use in the classroom. It seems to scaffold each part of learning in an easy to understand language that I believe the students would find relatively easy to comprehend.
    Similar to you, I was going to stay with DOL because it has been drummed into us since we started the degree, but agree that it will be more of a challenge to use a different framework.
    See you on tuesday......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my Blog. I agree with you that scaffolding lessons around this framework will enable students to work at their own pace and independently. The steps are very clear and and if followed step by step students will be able to achieve a positive learning outcome.

    See you in class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this framework could be used to effectively scaffold student’s research and problem solving skills. I would also use the Big6 to scaffold student’s use of a complex reasoning process as both of these frameworks are designed to foster student’s ability to effectively apply knowledge in a meaningful context. I would print the stages, of the Big6, onto posters around the classroom and provide each student with a checklist to refer back to as they progress through a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle I like the idea about the posters. This would be an effect learning toll for the students themselves, also having the checklist would enable the students to work independently towards achieving their own goals.

    ReplyDelete